January 3rd, 2019
The start of the year is a great time to renew your commitment to maintaining your beautiful, healthy smile with great dental hygiene.
You have chosen to get orthodontic treatment because you value having a beautiful, healthy smile. Dr. Barden and his team are working with you to improve your teeth positioning and jaw alignment. To ensure a beautiful smile you will also need to do your part -- it is important that you follow all instructions about wearing your appliances and rubber bands. It is also important that you have excellent dental hygiene to keep your teeth clean and cavity free. Below are some of our top tips for a healthy smile!
New Year's Resolutions for a Healthy Smile
- Follow the 2-2 rule. Brush your teeth 2 times a day for 2 minutes each time. Use a timer to make sure you don’t cut the time short.
- Use fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss, or use an interdental brush, to clean in between your teeth. Floss every day!
- Rinse with a mouthwash designed to show missed food particles. This way you are sure to get everything clean and improve your brushing skills!
- Visit your dentist for an exam and cleaning every 6 months, or more regularly as directed by the doctor.
- Choose healthy foods and beverages. Limit sugary foods and snacks to special treats and then brush after eating!
Remember to ask Dr. Barden and his team if you have any questions about what you can do to keep your teeth healthy and clean to ensure a smile that you will love for a lifetime!
Everyone at Barden Orthodontics wishes you the best in the New Year. We hope this year is filled with lots of love, good cheer, and happy, healthy smiles!