May 1st, 2020
Everyone at Barden Orthodontics is looking forward to resuming treatment of patients in our office and doing what we do best - creating beautiful smiles. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and health.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes ensure that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO), American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new guidance that may be issued.
We have taken additional, preventive steps to ensure the health of patients and staff. You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment.
For your appointment
- Prior to the day of the appointment, our office will email you two forms (COVID-19 Supplemental Informed Consent and Supplemental Health Questionnaire). Please have the forms completed by the patient or guardian prior to coming to the appointment.
- Please brush and floss prior to your appointment. The tooth brushing station will be closed following recommendation by the AAO.
- To minimize use of the waiting room, please call us at 414-962-1281 when you have arrived at our building. We will let you know if we are ready for your appointment. If not, we will ask you to wait outside, or in your car, and we will text when we are ready.
- We ask that only the patient, and a maximum of one guardian, come to the appointment to reduce the number of people in the office.
- Someone from our office will greet you at the door and take your temperature using a touchless thermometer. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will have their appointment rescheduled for a later date.
- Please wear a cloth mask or face covering as you enter the building.
- Please use the hand sanitizer available when you enter the office.
Changes in the office:
- Multi-stage air purifiers have been ordered from Surgically Clean Air. These purifiers remove particles and destroy small particles in the air, including viruses.
- You may notice that our reception area looks different. There are Plexiglas shields in place at the reception desk and social distancing reminder stickers. For now, the waiting room will no longer offer magazines, beverages, or the use of arcade games.
- Our clinical staff will be using N95 or KN95 respirator masks and face shields in addition to the usual personal protective equipment.
- We have increased routine cleaning and disinfection of the waiting room and common, high touch areas (door handles, etc).
- Any orthodontic procedures that create significant aerosols will be avoided.
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for social distancing and reduce waiting time for patients. That might mean fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Rather than schedule future appointments while in the office, we will contact you by phone to set up your next appointment.
- We will continue to offer virtual appointments via the SmileSnap and Zoom (accessible via http://www.bardenortho.com/).
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Our staff is in the process of contacting patients to set up their appointments. If you are having an orthodontic emergency, please call (414) 962-1281.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Doug Barden and the Barden Orthodontics Team