February 2nd, 2024
Advances in medical technology are amazing. Orthodontic treatment is no exception. Check out these fun facts about braces (and teeth)!
- Braces Are Ancient: Orthodontic treatment is not a recent invention. Archaeologists have found mummies with metal bands wrapped around their teeth, suggesting that braces or some form of orthodontic treatment may have been used in ancient times.
- George Washington and His Wooden Teeth: Contrary to popular belief, George Washington did not have wooden teeth. However, he did wear a set of dentures made from various materials, including human teeth, animal teeth, and ivory. We are glad that dental treatment has advanced to avoid these types of dentures!
- The First Official Orthodontist: Pierre Fauchard, a French dentist, is often called the "Father of Modern Dentistry" and is credited with introducing orthodontics as a dental specialty. He published a book in 1728 that included methods for straightening teeth.
- Invisalign Innovation: Invisalign, the clear aligner system, was developed with the help of computer technology. It uses 3D imaging and modeling to create custom aligners for each patient, making it a more discreet and comfortable alternative to traditional braces.
- Orthodontics in Hollywood: Many actors and actresses have worn braces or undergone orthodontic treatment to perfect their smiles. Some even wore them during movie roles, making braces a popular fashion statement in Hollywood
Remember, orthodontic treatment can be a fascinating journey to a healthier and more beautiful smile! Follow us on X(Twitter) or Facebook for more information about orthodontic treatment and give us a call to schedule your consultation at 414-962-1281.