May 10th, 2019
This month we celebrate 7 years of Barden Orthodontics in Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin. We love working with the many wonderful patients and excellent area dentists. We love what we do here – creating beautiful smiles with amazing people!
On our anniversary we want to celebrate some of our accomplishments and highlight what sets Barden Orthodontics apart from other orthodontic offices:
- Dr. Barden was named a 2019 TOP ORTHODONTIST by Milwaukee Magazine. This honor is based on reviews from dental professionals in the community. We are so proud to have received this distinction that recognizes Dr. Barden’s expertise.
- Dr. Barden is President-elect of the Wisconsin Society of Orthodontics. He has previously served as vice president, treasurer, and trustee to the organization. Service to the community is an important part of Dr. Barden’s professional commitment.
- Our new, state-of-the-art office utilizes the newest technology. This provides patients with the most efficient and advanced care available. The digital x-ray is low radiation and provides an immediate x-ray for use during the appointment. Our iTero element scanner means no goopy, messy impressions!
- Barden Orthodontics is FAMILY FRIENDLY and was designed to be fun and relaxing. Patients and their families can enjoy complementary gourmet coffee, wi-fi, and of course our very popular GAME ROOM and PHOTO BOOTH! We love seeing patients and their families enjoying their time together in the waiting room. Patients tell us that coming to an orthodontic appointment is a lot of fun at Barden Orthodontics!
- The TEAM at Barden Orthodontics is the best! From the smile you receive at the front desk to the encouragement and gentle care from the assistants, we treat our patients like our own family.
- Dr. Barden is proud to live and work in this wonderful community. He is honored to be a business sponsor for numerous community events and various area organizations.
Dr. Barden and his team want to thank you for your support. We love being part of the amazing Whitefish Bay and Milwaukee Northshore Community. We look forward to many more years serving the area and creating beautiful, healthy smiles!
February 8th, 2019
“What’s for dinner?” Are you looking for a healthy dinner recipe that is also “braces friendly”? In the wintertime, a Barden family favorite is this easy, slow cooker beef stew. It’s packed with healthy vegetables and everything cooks soft, so you don’t need to worry about breaking wires or brackets. Even people with sore teeth can enjoy this meal! The recipe is easy to make and can be adjusted to include vegetables that your family loves!
Easy slow cooker beef stew
2 lbs beef stew meat
¼ cup flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1 clove minced garlic
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 onion chopped
2 cups beef broth
3 diced potatoes
4 sliced carrots
1 cup peas
Place meat in slow cooker and stir in the flour. Add the other ingredients. Cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 4-6 hours. If desired, or needed, you can thicken the stew with tomato paste. ENJOY!
What are some of your family's favorite dinners? Share them with us on our Facebook page!
January 3rd, 2019
The start of the year is a great time to renew your commitment to maintaining your beautiful, healthy smile with great dental hygiene.
You have chosen to get orthodontic treatment because you value having a beautiful, healthy smile. Dr. Barden and his team are working with you to improve your teeth positioning and jaw alignment. To ensure a beautiful smile you will also need to do your part -- it is important that you follow all instructions about wearing your appliances and rubber bands. It is also important that you have excellent dental hygiene to keep your teeth clean and cavity free. Below are some of our top tips for a healthy smile!
New Year's Resolutions for a Healthy Smile
- Follow the 2-2 rule. Brush your teeth 2 times a day for 2 minutes each time. Use a timer to make sure you don’t cut the time short.
- Use fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss, or use an interdental brush, to clean in between your teeth. Floss every day!
- Rinse with a mouthwash designed to show missed food particles. This way you are sure to get everything clean and improve your brushing skills!
- Visit your dentist for an exam and cleaning every 6 months, or more regularly as directed by the doctor.
- Choose healthy foods and beverages. Limit sugary foods and snacks to special treats and then brush after eating!
Remember to ask Dr. Barden and his team if you have any questions about what you can do to keep your teeth healthy and clean to ensure a smile that you will love for a lifetime!
Everyone at Barden Orthodontics wishes you the best in the New Year. We hope this year is filled with lots of love, good cheer, and happy, healthy smiles!
October 5th, 2018
Fall is a great time for fresh, healthy vegetables. Whether you grow them in your garden or get them at a local farmer’s market, they are tasty and full of vitamins that are essential for healthy teeth. Are you looking for a delicious healthy recipe that uses garden vegetables and is “brace friendly” food? Below is a Barden family favorite recipe. It is perfect for a cool fall day and since the veggies are cooked soft they won’t damage your brackets or wires.
Easy Garden Vegetarian Chili
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
5 cloves of minced garlic
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 cups juicy chopped fresh tomatoes
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1 cup chopped zucchini
1 cup corn kernels
1 can kidney beans
2 cups water or vegetable stock
tomato paste as needed to thicken as preferred
salt and pepper to preference
Heat oil in pot. Add onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Sauté until onion is soft. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Bring to boil and then simmer over low until vegetables are soft. Enjoy!
Share your family favorite recipes on our Facebook page.
August 5th, 2018
Looking for a healthy summertime snack that is sure to please your child who is wearing braces? We recommend smoothies! Packed with healthy fruits (and even vegetables) a smoothie is a tasty cool treat, can feel good when teeth are sore, and is sure to make everyone happy.
We are happy to share a Barden family favorite smoothie recipe.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
1 cup milk
½ cup vanilla or plain yogurt
2 tablespoons peanut butter (try sunflower seed butter if allergic to peanuts!)
1 cup of ice cubes
Directions: Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
When making smoothies you can get creative with fruits and find the combination that you like the best!
Share your favorite smoothie recipe with everyone on our Facebook page!