March 11th, 2020
At Barden Orthodontics patient health and safety is our priority. We understand that people are currently worried about the spread of viruses. We have always followed the strictest sterilization and sanitation protocols advised by OSHA to prevent the spread of pathogens and to ensure the health of both our patients and staff. We will continue to be proactive in our efforts to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
At Barden Orthodontics we promise:
- Use of state-of-the-art sterilization equipment.
- Strict use of cleaning and disinfection procedures in the treatment rooms.
- Multi-stage air purifiers from Surgically Clean Air. These purifiers remove particles and destroy small particles in the air, including viruses. These are installed in treatment rooms and reception area.
- Routine cleaning and disinfection of high touch, common areas.
- Touchless door entry. Just wave at the sensor and the door will open for you!
- Staff uses N95 or KN95 respirator masks and face shields in addition to the usual personal protective equipment when working with patients.
- Social distancing in the waiting room and use of plexiglass shields at the reception desk.
- The entire staff at Barden Orthodontics has reviewed the newest sterilization and disinfection protocols to protect patient health.
New for your appointments:
- Prior to the day of the appointment, our office will email you two forms (COVID-19 Supplemental Informed Consent and Supplemental Health Questionnaire). Please have the forms completed by the patient or guardian prior to coming to the appointment.
- Please brush and floss prior to your appointment. The tooth brushing station will be closed following recommendation by the AAO.
- We ask that only the patient, and a maximum of one guardian, come to the appointment to reduce the number of people in the office.
- Please wear a mask as you enter the building.
- Please use the hand sanitizer available when you enter the office.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides important and up-to-date information to the public and healthcare providers. We will continue to monitor this information and follow all necessary protocols to maintain the health and safety of our patients and staff. Thank you for your cooperation.
UPDATED April 2021 to reflect the newest office procedures in response to to COVID-19
For updates and messages follow us on Facebook
October 6th, 2019
Halloween is Dr. Barden’s favorite holiday! Dressing up in costumes, hanging spooky decorations, pumpkin picking and carving, and trick-or-treating are fun, family friendly activities. But, the Halloween candy gives Dr. Douglas Barden and his staff a real scare.
A friendly reminder for our patients: if you have braces be sure to avoid any candy that is sticky (gum, taffy, caramel) or hard (hard candies or candy with nuts). These can damage your brackets and wires. This will require an extra appointment and can slow down your treatment progress. This means caramel apples are a real danger! If you are being treated with Invisalign® you will be happy to know you can eat anything you want as you will take off your aligners while eating.
Everyone should be careful about the amount of candy that they eat. The sugar on your teeth can cause cavities. So, please eat in moderation and then brush and floss thoroughly!
Here is our challenge to you for this year. Instead of handing out candy for trick-or-treating, how about trying some teeth-friendly alternatives? Here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Glow in the dark wands
- Halloween themed pencils
- Bat shaped rings
- Vampire teeth
- Mini coloring books and crayons
Barden Orthodontics will be participating again in the Merchants of Whitefish Bay trick-or-treating event. We hope you stop by for some teeth-friendly treats!
May 10th, 2019
This month we celebrate 7 years of Barden Orthodontics in Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin. We love working with the many wonderful patients and excellent area dentists. We love what we do here – creating beautiful smiles with amazing people!
On our anniversary we want to celebrate some of our accomplishments and highlight what sets Barden Orthodontics apart from other orthodontic offices:
- Dr. Barden was named a 2019 TOP ORTHODONTIST by Milwaukee Magazine. This honor is based on reviews from dental professionals in the community. We are so proud to have received this distinction that recognizes Dr. Barden’s expertise.
- Dr. Barden is President-elect of the Wisconsin Society of Orthodontics. He has previously served as vice president, treasurer, and trustee to the organization. Service to the community is an important part of Dr. Barden’s professional commitment.
- Our new, state-of-the-art office utilizes the newest technology. This provides patients with the most efficient and advanced care available. The digital x-ray is low radiation and provides an immediate x-ray for use during the appointment. Our iTero element scanner means no goopy, messy impressions!
- Barden Orthodontics is FAMILY FRIENDLY and was designed to be fun and relaxing. Patients and their families can enjoy complementary gourmet coffee, wi-fi, and of course our very popular GAME ROOM and PHOTO BOOTH! We love seeing patients and their families enjoying their time together in the waiting room. Patients tell us that coming to an orthodontic appointment is a lot of fun at Barden Orthodontics!
- The TEAM at Barden Orthodontics is the best! From the smile you receive at the front desk to the encouragement and gentle care from the assistants, we treat our patients like our own family.
- Dr. Barden is proud to live and work in this wonderful community. He is honored to be a business sponsor for numerous community events and various area organizations.
Dr. Barden and his team want to thank you for your support. We love being part of the amazing Whitefish Bay and Milwaukee Northshore Community. We look forward to many more years serving the area and creating beautiful, healthy smiles!
January 24th, 2017
Our green office offers many benefits to patients. And just because we’ve gone green doesn't mean that we won't be able to provide the same services as a traditional office. In fact, our goal is to provide the same (or better) services as a regular office, but services that act in harmony with the body and world around us. Less waste, fewer chemicals and heavy metals, and reduced energy consumption; these are traits that define a truly green office.
Some of the benefits you'll experience as a patient at our green Milwaukee, WI office include:
- Better air quality – There's a focus on using renewable and natural building materials, paint that is free of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), biodegradable cleaning supplies, and formaldehyde free materials for cabinetry. This leads to cleaner air in the office for patients and their families.
- Less radiation – Digital X-rays replace old film based X-rays and expose patients to 90 percent less radiation. Digital X-rays are also convenient for patients since their images can be viewed right on the computer screen instead of on a physical printout.
- No need for paper – Many offices have gone "paperless." You'll get any pertinent paperwork via email, reducing paper waste and saving you time. Patient records are also stored digitally, doing away with the wall of patient folders and making for easier and quicker record retrieval.
- Fewer chemicals – Green offices take advantage of chemical-free sterilization by steam and clean their tools using energy-efficient washers and dryers. Biodegradable cleaning solutions instead of toxic chemical cleaners are used around the office, too.
- Reduced heavy metal exposure – Biocompatible, non-allergenic, non-metal materials like porcelain and ceramic are preferred in a green office over the heavy metals (nickel, titanium) used in traditional offices. This is particularly important in the case of appliances that are used over long periods of time, like dental implants or veneers.
Dr. Douglas Barden and our team hope you realize the positive effect a green office can have on your health, as well as that of the environment. Our office is dedicated to bringing you the cleanest, safest, and greenest technologies the industry has to offer, and we're happy to share how our processes differ from other offices!
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook for more helpful dental information!